5 Things We Bet You Didn’t Know About…Beth Kendrick
We love learning more about the person behind books we enjoy. Beth Kendrick, author of The Week Before The Wedding, which comes out today, shares five fun facts from her life.
1. I went to college in Minnesota on a whim because I wanted to see the Northern Lights. When I was 18, this seemed like a perfectly good reason to move halfway across the country. I have never regretted it for a second. (And I had to bundle up through four long, dark, frigid winters, but I finally saw the Northern Lights at the end of my senior year.
2. The steamy opening scene of The Week Before the Wedding is actually set at that college in Minnesota. There are these underground tunnels connecting the dormitories (see: long, dark, frigid winters), and even though they’re now sealed up and forbidden to students, the hero and heroine sneak in there and…oops, I’ve said too much already!
3. I love Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food ice cream. Like, I’m pretty sure we’re in clinical addiction territory.
4. I read celebrity gossip blogs every day before I start writing. I also play online Scrabble with my mom, who defeats me 75% of the time. Say it with me: it’s not procrastination; it’s part of the process!
5. I love fashion from the 1950s: smart little handbags, pearls, full skirts, fishtail formalwear. (Although I suspect they’re more fun to look at than wear—those foundation garments were serious business!) Emily, the bride-to-be in The Week Before the Wedding, wears her future mother-in-law’s heirloom wedding gown for the big day, and I had a great time scouring the Internet for ideas. I ended up basing Emily’s gown on a tea-length Priscilla of Boston dress with an illusion bodice and a nipped-in waistline. Dress porn at its finest!
Beth Kendrick lives in Arizona with her trusty rescue dogs, Roxie Hart and Friday. She is the author of nine women’s fiction books, including The Week Before the Wedding and Nearlyweds, which was made into a Hallmark Channel movie. Visit her on Facebook or on Twitter @BKendrickBooks.
You’re invited to attend the wedding! Order your copy today.
Our picks for best new books of the week include ..
New Uses for Old Boyfriends is the latest installment in Beth Kendrick's ..
What book are you spending the week with? Here are ..
What’s your favorite breakup song? I asked that of all my ..
This week’s new releases are witty, warm and make for ..
Tuesdays are such great days for new books! Here are ..