Happy Super Bowl Sunday Bookworms!
What’s a bookworm who doesn’t know the difference between a touchdown and a field goal to do on Super Bowl Sunday? Here are a few Shelf Pleasure approved suggestions:
1. Test your speed reading abilities: you don’t need to run 40 yards to prove how fast you can go. See how many chapters you can read while the game drags on.
2. Take advantage of the buffet: grab some nachos and wings so you’re well stocked for hours of reading fun.
3. Break free: use the 3 hours+ extravaganza to escape to the library, cafe or coffee shop to enjoy some quiet time to read in peace.
4. Start & Stop: Make sure to take a halftime reading break! Start your next chapter after Coldplay’s sure to be amazing halftime show.
5. DVR: Swap the game for your current read, but DVR it so you don’t miss all the commercial craziness.
Or, if you’re into football but don’t care about either of the teams, you can always choose to watch our favorite football coach, Coach Taylor on Friday Night Lights (surely streaming somewhere). Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
There's nothing we love more at Shelf Pleasure than a ..
Author and Shelf Pleasure contributor Karen A. Chase on how ..
One of author Mary Miley’s favorite things about being a ..
Author and police psychologist Ellen Kirschman, Ph.D., weighs the pitfalls ..
Little known fact about Shelf Pleasure's Kristen: she's obsessed with ..
Although Debbie De Louise has been a librarian and avid ..