Bookworms Give Thanks
As Thanksgiving approaches, now is the time to reflect on what we’re most thankful for. There’s good health, family, friends, and ice cream, of course, but we all know that bookish things are some of the most important. At Shelf Pleasure we have much to be grateful for this year, including:
1) Bridget Jones. Things might not have turned out quite as we would have wanted them to in Helen Fielding’s new adventure Mad About the Boy, but we’re happy to see our Bridge healthy, tweeting, and with a new love (even if no one will ever replace Mark Darcy in our hearts).
2) The biting wit of David Sedaris. And even better than a new David Sedaris book is a national reading tour! We’re still savoring Let’s Explore Diabetes With Owls,although we’re also thrilled to have The Santaland Diaries to enjoy every holiday season.
3) No more Twilight movies. While we loved the books, how much non-acting can we be expected to endure?! And speaking of books to movies, we are also thankful for all the new titles hitting the big screen. From The Book Thief to Catching Fire, this movie season is starting with a bang. And don’t forget to rent the delightful The Perks of Being a Wallflower if you haven’t seen it yet.
4) The FAA easing their ebook restrictions. Few things get under our skin more than starting a new book in the airport–and then having to put it away until we are up in the air. Thank you FAA for allowing us to use our Kindles from take off to landing.
5) Authors on Twitter. From uber tweeter Maureen Johnson (@maureenjohnson) to Jennifer Weiner’s (@jenniferweiner) awesome Bachelor recaps to all of our other fave authors who let us into their writing process and their lives, Twitter gives them a voice beyond the page.
What are all you bookworms thankful for?
Two new trailers based on two of our favorite books ..
BookExpo America (BEA), the largest annual book trade fair in ..
Here are the new titles out this week that we'll ..
March always screams “Spring Break” to me, no matter how ..
As the winter rolls on, we’re taking advantage of the ..
"Of course I can’t wait for all the books coming ..