Erin Kellison’s Picks
Thank you so much to Shelf Pleasure for having me here today to celebrate the release of Soul Kissed, book two in my Shadow Kissed series.
I’m a reader just as much as I am a writer. All my life, I’ve loved diving into books and completely submerging myself in the worlds and stories I’ve found within. My perfect weekend often includes a good read and chocolate.
The book situation in my house is dire. The piles are toppling over in just about every room. I’ve got plastic storage bins under my bed filled with books. And my shelves in my office are packed to bursting. The one-click on Amazon is going to be my downfall, as I’ve got this book-buying twitchy finger.
I read just about anything that catches my interest. Here’s what I’ve got on my “bedside table” (kindle) and why:
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – highly recommended to me by my agent. I was won over easily and bought the e-book while she was still talking about it on the phone.
- The Five Deaths of Roxanne Love by Erin Quinn. I’m thrilled at all the amazing reviews her new book is getting and can’t wait to dive into it.
- Hounded: The Druid Chronicles, Book One by Kevin Hearne. Another recommendation, this by author Laurie London. It’s set in Tempe, near where I live. And I love contemporary fantasy.
- The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani. Middle Grade. If my kids show interest in a book, they usually get it. One of my daughters requested this one early in the summer and just last week was raving about it in carpool. I have to know what captured her imagination so completely.
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. My pick, patiently waiting in line on my kindle. The blurb intrigued. The author’s rep promises a fantastical read.
As you can see above, I love recommendations. I’m always asking what people are reading, which may seem like I’m being polite and encouraging conversation, though I’m really acting out of self-interest. I’m hunting for a good book.
And I’m doing the same today. In the comments, please tell me what you’re reading, or maybe recommend an old favorite. Someone will be selected at random to win Fire Kissed (book one in my series) and Soul Kissed (book two). Print or e, reader’s choice (US entrants only for print please). Leave your answers by Friday 9/27!
Also, Shadow Bound (book one in my original Shadow series) is FREE on Amazon and iTunes ($0.99 on Nook). And Shadow Fall (book two) is $0.99 everywhere through the end of my blog tour.
Erin Kellison is the award-winning author of the Shadow series, the Shadow Touch novella series, and the Shadow Kissed series, all of which share the same world, where dark fantasy meets modern fairy tale. RT calls her latest, Soul Kissed, “a dark fairy tale with a twist, perfect for readers who love passion with their fantasy.” You can find Erin on her website, on Facebook, or on Twitter @ekellison.
We’d love to know what books are waiting for you on your nightstand. Send a description to us here.
It officially feels like summer! Temperatures are climbing, the sun ..
Labor Day weekend is rapidly approaching. While some may lament ..
Book’d in Burbank, a social gathering that treats book lovers ..
One word: Amazing. The trailer for The School for Good and Evil by ..
A new year means plenty of new books! To kick ..
My nightstand has four books, and those are just the ..