Shelf Pleasure’s 2016 Reading Resolutions
We’re happy to share our resolutions for 2016! Make sure to add yours below!
1) Try not to buy a new book until we finish the one we’re reading
2) Read at least one book a week. This will entail talking to less
people, but we’re okay with that.
3) Don’t read any self-help books. The best cure for what ails us is
good fiction, chocolate, and wine.
4) Take a break from e-books. After all, the best exercise is carrying
5) Recommit to book club. The best kind of friends are the kind that read.
6) Stop comparing every guy we date to the main character in a
Nicholas Sparks novel.
7) Just because we love detective novels doesn’t mean our neighbor has a body in the basement.
8) We’ll watch the finances…except on books, of course.
9) Support indie bookstores!
10) We’ll get 8 hours of sleep every night….after we finish the next chapter.
There's nothing we love more at Shelf Pleasure than a ..
Author and Shelf Pleasure contributor Karen A. Chase on how ..
One of author Mary Miley’s favorite things about being a ..
Author and police psychologist Ellen Kirschman, Ph.D., weighs the pitfalls ..
Little known fact about Shelf Pleasure's Kristen: she's obsessed with ..
Although Debbie De Louise has been a librarian and avid ..